Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cranberry Butter Spread

Everybody loves the holidays for at least one reason! Mine being food and fun :) This is a festive spread because of the delicious fresh cranberries that are used... mmm.

I saw this simple recipe but I do not remember where I saw it! Just know that I'm not clever enough to come up with this one on my own...

What you'll need:

1 lb softened butter
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 cup honey
Zest of a full orange

*I used "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" to try and cut some fat out.


To begin, empty the butter into a medium sized mixing bowl


Then make sure you give those tart cranberries a good chop.


I chopped the cranberries because I wanted them mixed in really well, but I suppose it's all about personal preference.



Now... for my favorite part... the honey <3


All that is left is that beautiful orange. Make sure you get at least a medium size so you get a nice amount of zest to mix in.



By the way, I used a regular ol' grater... no fancy kitchen utensils here!

Next, give it a good stir until smooth and creamy.



Yum yum yummy!!

This spread was wonderful on toast, but I bet it would be just as wonderful on pancakes or muffins! Try it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment