Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Seeds!!

Oh, how I LOVE autumn!! Pumpkin seeds being one of the reasons....

So this year, David and I bought 2 beautiful, fresh, large pumpkins to de-seed and carve.

First, we took all the gooey seeds out of the pumpkins and let them sit in a bowl of water (to get more goop off). Then we dried them out on paper towels over night.

The next day we peeled them off of the paper towels, making sure that paper towel didn't stick to them.


Then, I poured some olive oil on a cookie sheet and spread the seeds out the best I could.


I poured more olive oil over them (try not to over do it, but make them semi-moist), then salt and pepper. If you want to add more spices, go for it!


The oven was set at 300 degrees. I put them in there for a good 20 minutes, mixing them around halfway through.

And when they were done...


Golden deliciousness in seed form!

Now, I used olive oil but my mother always used butter- this is your decision. I am not big on butter and I thought the olive oil worked out really well.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment